Click HERE for the DIY Section Safety Disclaimer.
You follow any directions or advice you find in this subforum at YOUR OWN RISK. ePF, it's staff, or vendors are not responsible for any injuries or damage that may occur when following DIY directions.

Author Topic: Need help with this DIY pipe  (Read 648 times)

Offline Cosmicbrambleclaw

• Prospect
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Need help with this DIY pipe
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:22:51 PM »
My apologies if this should have gone in a sub-forum, its my first post ^^:

Basically I was wondering if any of you all might be able to assist me in modding this standard pipe into a e-pipe. Last October I bought myself a Fess churchwarden pipe for use in a Gandalf costume (that never happened) and now that I am getting into a local-ish LARP as a halfling (hobbit) I wanted to be able to appear as though I am smoking since I do not actually smoke. Unfortunately there arent any good ways to accomplish this so the next best thing is to modify this pipe into a e-pipe if at all possible, otherwise it will forever remain a prop. I may end up hand carving a pipe very similar to Frodo's and Gandalf's pipes in the near future if I have the time and materials (I definately dont have the tools such as a drill press so this will be more old fashioned diy should I make it)

The bowl is deep and wide enough already to fit a 18350 battery but I may go in with a forsner bit and expand it a millimeter or two if it needs. The only part that really throws me with this mod is the stem because its a nice 12 inch stem (ideally I'd have a 14 inch curved stem) and I cant find any epipe stems of or remotely close to that length. I've been watching videos on youtube for diy epipes but Im not terribly confident that I could pull it off due to no soldering experience and such. What Im hoping to do is have a bottom coil clearomizer tank (ideally 2ml but that depends on width of the pipe I guess, the stem is just under 1.5 cm) and maybe if possible a wooden stem? it needs to look as medieval as possible because the game requires props to look as close to medieval as possible (I'll cover the tank with a small leather wrap or something to make it blend better)

Here are some pics (not mine, just googled them) of the pipe and the connector on the end of the stem (mine is the model shown on bottom)

Offline sej016

• of Steve Johnson's Vaping E-Pipes
  • Vendor
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
    • Steve Johnson's Vaping E-Pipes
  • Liked: 2451
  • Likes Given: 496
Re: Need help with this DIY pipe
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 01:58:36 PM »
What you do is get a 510 drip tip and fix that into the end of the stem after removing the metal insert and tenon.  I also reinforce mine with a short length of 4mm stainless steel tubing.

The 510 drip tip will then fit most attys, etc.

I buy standard straight delrin drip tips that I use.   

Places like Captivape can offer nicely made steel inserts just for this purpose.    See    http://captivape.com/diy-drip-tip-core/

Offline sej016

• of Steve Johnson's Vaping E-Pipes
  • Vendor
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
    • Steve Johnson's Vaping E-Pipes
  • Liked: 2451
  • Likes Given: 496
Re: Need help with this DIY pipe
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:05:28 AM »
^^ Spammer ^^
  • 'The Reanimator'