Author Topic: Looking for stems  (Read 130 times)

Offline Huonwoods

• Admirer
    • BLOG
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 25
Looking for stems
« on: February 12, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »
Hi Folks,

About nine months ago I purchased a pipe from Freight Train mods - lovely thing (pictured below)

At the time I received two of the black vulcanite stems that Sam supplied with his pipes.

They are about 4 inches long, I think. I say "I think" because I've managed to lose them and need to get a couple of replacements.

Does anyone know of a source for these (or something similar)? (I am based in Aus but am prepared to pay shipping from wherever)

Following on from that question, are tobacco pipe stems compatible with a standard atomiser?

Edit: What I'm looking for is something like this - But ideally plain black (and ideally cheaper!)

Thanks in advance for any help

cheers
Stew
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:49:44 PM by Huonwoods »
Freight Train General - 'Annabelle'
Pyro Big leaf Maple burl Calabash - 'Willow'

Offline Raywyn

• Global Moderator
  • Aficianado
  • ~◆ To Err is human...to Arrrr is pirate ◆~
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 13836
  • Likes Given: 6606
Re: Looking for stems
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
Hi Folks,

About nine months ago I purchased a pipe from Freight Train mods - lovely thing (pictured below)

At the time I received two of the black vulcanite stems that Sam supplied with his pipes.

They are about 4 inches long, I think. I say "I think" because I've managed to lose them and need to get a couple of replacements.

Does anyone know of a source for these (or something similar)? (I am based in Aus but am prepared to pay shipping from wherever)

Following on from that question, are tobacco pipe stems compatible with a standard atomiser?

Edit: What I'm looking for is something like this - But ideally plain black (and ideally cheaper!)

Thanks in advance for any help

cheers
Stew

Gday Stew! Lovely to see you mate!

Um... i only know of Matt at EPipeMods may still have stems that might suit..
Or Steve at Steven Johnsons epipes UK.

If you Facebooked... theres a new FB group called Epipe Club & SlowVape (international)... theres a Stems List going up shortly for Club Members you could get on it.(quite a few of us EPF Members are SlowVape members too :D
Peter (one of ours here) is posting up 15 stems as a Special deal.. you could get on that list if you joined.

Hope that helps mate!
  • 'The Bouncin' Jackal' aka 'The Donk Dazzler' aka 'The Velvet Tongue'... SHIELDMAIDEN OF THE SACRED NAME

PipeSmith: 7 -'Jade Skywalker' 'Lost' 'Ella' 'Pipe' 'Stumpy' 'Sal Paradise' 'The Tate'◆  EPipeMods: 3- 'Tiff' 'Mrs Fiderer' 'The Wiz' ▪
The Pipe revolution: 5 - Aristocob, Eli, 'J.Hachette', 'Gemela' , 'Butz Wagner' ◆
Underwood Mods: 2 -  'Gravenstein' 'Ruptura' ◆
Tobacco Road creations: 3 - 'Gwaihir' 'Roc's Talon' 'as-yet-unNamed Talon'  ◆  PumaPipe: 2- 'Anubis' 'BirdPipe' ◆
PCwoodmods: 'Metropolis'  ◆  VaVa pipes:  'Julie' ◆ Steve Johnson: 'Isabella' ▪ Springfield Pipes : Zulu ▪ Lotech Mods: BoxPipe

Offline Raywyn

• Global Moderator
  • Aficianado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:47 AM »
Oh... and Tobacco Stems are NOT compatible..as all those stems need modifying to fit 510 connections (std atty)
  • 'The Bouncin' Jackal' aka 'The Donk Dazzler' aka 'The Velvet Tongue'... SHIELDMAIDEN OF THE SACRED NAME

PipeSmith: 7 -'Jade Skywalker' 'Lost' 'Ella' 'Pipe' 'Stumpy' 'Sal Paradise' 'The Tate'◆  EPipeMods: 3- 'Tiff' 'Mrs Fiderer' 'The Wiz' ▪
The Pipe revolution: 5 - Aristocob, Eli, 'J.Hachette', 'Gemela' , 'Butz Wagner' ◆
Tobacco Road creations: 3 - 'Gwaihir' 'Roc's Talon' 'as-yet-unNamed Talon'  ◆  PumaPipe: 2- 'Anubis' 'BirdPipe' ◆
PCwoodmods: 'Metropolis'  ◆  VaVa pipes:  'Julie' ◆ Steve Johnson: 'Isabella' ▪ Springfield Pipes : Zulu ▪ Lotech Mods: BoxPipe

Offline Huonwoods

• Admirer
    • BLOG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:46:27 PM »
Thanks for the info Ray - Sadly, I've sworn off Facebook!

That said, I found one of my stems in the garden yesterday! - I think I'll pick up another from epipemods and be a lot more careful in the future.  :idunno:

BTW Did you ever pick up those smaller batteries for the Pyro pipe?

Cheers
Stew
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:54:46 PM by Huonwoods »

Offline gwbruce

• Zealot
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1597
  • Likes Given: 2371
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
You might check with Ken aka: PipeSmith he can probably get you setup with a stem.  He sells them as kits and you can make your own.  Check it out.
PipeSmith Scout
PipeSmith Stalker 2X
PipeSmith Huntsman
PipeSmith Challenger
Pyro Mushroom
Freight Train Mods Cherrywood
Toothless conversions, Gourd Calibash, and a couple of others.
Various homemade epipes

Offline Huonwoods

• Admirer
    • BLOG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 04:38:22 PM »
Thanks for the tip Bruce  :)

Offline gwbruce

• Zealot
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1597
  • Likes Given: 2371
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 05:18:45 PM »
No problem.  Always glad to help out.
  • "Home Slice"

PipeSmith Scout
PipeSmith Stalker 2X
PipeSmith Huntsman
PipeSmith Challenger
Pyro Mushroom
Freight Train Mods Cherrywood
Toothless conversions, Gourd Calibash, and a couple of others.
Various homemade epipes

Offline Sludge Van Diesel

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 165
  • Likes Given: 175
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
Any of these any good to you (UK based) https://www.thedriptipstore.com/collections/e-pipe-drip-tips
Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish. (Drinking wine with the wise is my preferred option)

Offline Raywyn

• Global Moderator
  • Aficianado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 07:05:20 PM »
Thanks for the info Ray - Sadly, I've sworn off Facebook!

That said, I found one of my stems in the garden yesterday! - I think I'll pick up another from epipemods and be a lot more careful in the future.  :idunno:

BTW Did you ever pick up those smaller batteries for the Pyro pipe?

Cheers
Stew

Ah.. no.. not yet. Been a tough old time here..
We even vaping weird juices we have stored in boxes.

You were after flat top 18350 werent you?  Yeah.., dome of ours need replacing..